Sunday 16 October 2011

New Autumn / Winter Designs 2011

What with moving, starting a masters in the History of Britain (that I am supposed to be doing the reading for at this very moment!) and working full time, I am finding it quite difficult to make anything new in terms of jewellery but somehow I have managed to list a few new things in my shop this weekend and I thought I would put some photos of the new designs up for your perusal.
The setting for this citrine is the first claw type setting that I have ever made and although it took me about two hours, I am rather proud that it not only fits the stone but keeps it in place securely!
This is my extremely geeky homage to Charlotte Bronte's novel Jane Eyre. The recent film version, which should be still on at the cinemas is very good if you fancy a night out!
This buckle dating from 1901 is an exquisite example of pierced and engraved silver and looks lovely with the ethereal silvery grey pearls and fancy pearl set clasp.
My homage to Autumn and red squirrels, which I went to see in the wild the other day on Brownsea Island, has watermelon tourmaline beads paired with a gorgeous pink tourmaline cabochon set in another handmade setting with acorn detail on the reverse.
And finally, there are four of these adorable little mother of pearl buttons with carved deer and fir tree design. They are available in pink, blue, yellow and purple.

I have also booked two crafts fairs, one on the 12th November and the other on the 10th December and will give you all the details as soon as I receive the flyers.

Phew! Now back to Eric Hobsbawm and the English Revolution. I'm trying not to be biased (like every good historian) but I already know that I would have been a Royalist!

This is one of my favourite portraits in the National Portrait Gallery because it has charming and slightly ghoulish transparent overlays that chart the life and death of Charles I and it is particularly impressive that they have survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment